Ally here, coming at you with ANOTHER smoothie, (read: I’m an addict). This one is a healthy twist on my favorite guilty pleasure, mint chocolate chip milkshakes. And when I say healthy, I mean healthy! This bad boy is paleo compliant, dairy free, and plant-based. Perfect for breakfast, (just add flavorless protein powder to keep you full all morning!) equally as perfect for a late-night dessert. If you freeze the peeled banana ahead of time, this would be extra frosty and thick like a milk shake!
This healthy mint chocolate chip smoothie uses actual fresh mint leaves over peppermint oil extract because there are so many benefits to using fresh mint. Mint is a natural stimulant, which means it both increases your energy, focus, and memory retention (remember how they used to give you peppermints for tests in school?) and stimulates digestion/ helps upset tummies. I’m basically telling you to make this dessert and lose weight. ♥ Serious win-win here.
So, are you ready to satisfy your sweet tooth during your new years resolutions? Look no further, I got you covered. This, coming from a girl that just got back from Las Vegas, (toodles, resolutions) and needs a little nutrition in her life DESPERATELY. (Although, the queso burger with potato chips ON IT at Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace was 100% WORTH ITTTTTT)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. flavorless protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Add the banana, spinach, mint, almond milk, and protein powder (if using) to a blender. Fill with a few ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times until broken up into smaller pieces. You want the chocolate chips to still have a little chew to them without turning the whole smoothie brown.
Detox Green Smoothie with Chia Seeds
Carrot Ginger Collagen Glow Smoothie
Leave a reply