There is officially less than two months until I have to try on wedding dresses, therefore I am in full ~health mode~. This, to me, means trying to cut gluten and dairy, and taking my dog on a few hour-long walks a week. My ideal healthy breakfast is always a smoothie since it’s so easy to drink on the way to work, so I’m excited to introduce you to my new breakfast obsession: my carrot ginger collagen glow smoothie!
This yummy, fresh, and tangy smoothie includes:
- shredded carrots, (buy the pre-shredded bags!)
- a banana
- ~good~ orange juice, AKA 100% orange juice, (do I sound like Ina Garten?)
- ginger paste, (because it’s way easier than fresh ginger; I find mine in the produce section fridge next to the herbs!)
- Vital Proteins Collagen Protein Powder which is my new favorite food obsession. This protein powder is unflavored, (so I even stir it in my coffee!) and is Whole30 compliant, (which means there is nothing weird or chemically in it- all natural, baby!). This will help fill you up, with the added collagen bonus of better hair, nails, and skin. WIN!
Obviously any unflavored protein powder would work, or maybe even a Tbsp. or two of chia seeds! Anything unflavored and full of protein is a good substitute here.
This smoothie just feels like a little bit of sunshine on the beach, which is totally necessary this time of year. I’m already sick of it being dark by 5 and feeling tired all the time. How am I supposed to take pictures of my dinner? The struggle is real. And that, my friends, is why I took a picture of my breakfast instead 🙂 Hope you try it and enjoy!!
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 banana
- ½ cup orange juice, (fresh squeezed or pure orange juice preferred) plus more if needed
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste, (minced fresh ginger works too, but that's an extra step)
- 2 scoops (2 Tbsp.) unflavored protein powder, (I like Vital Proteins brand w/ Collagen Peptides)
- Blend everything together until smooth! Add more orange juice if needed.
Leave a reply