BAKED BACONNNNNN. Is this new to you? Do you already know what I’m trying to say? Oven bacon is the way of the future, people. No mess, no shrieking when the hot oil splatters into your eyeball, and no wasting time cooking in batches. Oven bacon. Get on the train.
Now, you can totally just pop your bacon in a 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes all day, every day, no problem. But this weekend, I encourage you to step it up a notch with SWEET & SPICY oven bacon. A little drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cayenne will make all your brunchy Sunday bacon dreams come true. It feels fancy, and is SO ADDICTIVE. Sweet, spicy, salty, crispy. Is there anything better? The answer is no.
See how easy that is? I mean it literally took me 30 seconds to jazz up this bacon situation with a drizzle of honey and a shake of seasoning.
- Sheet pan
- Aluminum foil, (because no one wants to clean on the weekend)
- Bonus points: cooling rack placed on top of the sheet pan so the grease can drip down & away from the bacon (and your thighs)
- 8 slices of bacon, (thats how many i could fit side-by-side on one baking sheet)
- Drizzle of honey
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place an elevated cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Arrange 8 slices of bacon side-by-sdie on the cooling rack over the baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle honey evenly oven the slices, and sprinkle with a pinch of ground cayenne pepper. (Go light your first time around, and then adjust according to your tastes the next time. You don't want to be blown away by spice at breakfast!)
- Put the bacon in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until your desired doneness. (25 minutes was golden brown with some limp spots if you like that, and at 30 minutes the bacon was starting to get black and crispy).
- You can let the bacon cool directly on the cooling rack, or you can transfer to paper towels to get rid of the excess grease. Just don't wipe off the seasonings!