Crispy baked sheet pan chicken parmesan with roasted broccolini is an easy, healthier, one pan version of your favorite Italian classic!
Hello, my name is Ally, and I’m a chicken parmesan addict. Actually, my fiancé Taylor might be more of an addict than me. We literally eat this sheet pan chicken parmesan once every week or two. Mostly because it’s freaking delicious and easy, but also because baked chicken parmesan isn’t as bad for you and is super simple to clean up.
A lot of the time, I make some pasta with marinara to go on the side, but sometimes when I need to watch the carbs I just eat it with roasted veggies or a side salad. The crispy, cheesy chicken parmesan is so amazing on its own you won’t even notice there’s no pasta. Lately I’ve been totally crushing on this roasted broccolini because the leaves get extra crispy and delicious. It kind of reminds me of a salty, crispy potato chip or kale chip. Major yum.
- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, and line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Set up 3 shallow, medium-sized bowls, placing the flour in one, the beaten egg in another, and the panko breadcrumbs in the third. Season all three bowls with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Take a chicken breast and coat it completely in the flour, pressing down and then shaking off the excess. Then, completely coat the chicken breast in the egg mixture. Finally, completely coat the chicken breast in the breadcrumbs, pressing down to ensure they all stick. Place the chicken breast on the sheet pan, and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Fill the rest of the sheet pan space with the broccolini, ensuring it is laid out in a single, even layer.
- Spray the tops of the chicken and broccolini with a thick coat of the non-stick cooking spray to help everything get brown and crispy.
- Season the broccolini with more salt and pepper, and then place both sheet pans in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan with the chicken from the oven. Cover each chicken breast with ¼ cup of marinara sauce and ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the chicken back in the oven for 5 more minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve with some grated parmesan cheese on top!
Leave a reply