Sundays are great for meal prep.
Make your life so much easier this week by spending an hour on Sunday prepping your lunches for the week. Today I’m making 5 servings, one for each day of the work week, of my baby kale, butternut squash, chicken and quinoa salad. It’s a yummy fall salad with roasted butternut squash, baby kale, shredded rotisserie chicken, crunchy quinoa, bell peppers, pecans, and a sweet apple cider dressing. It’s not only healthy and 21-day fix compliant, but it’s super filling from all the chicken and quinoa.
Summon autumn with sweet, creamy roasted butternut squash.
To make your life even easier, (and to save yourself a limb and a trip to the E.R., RIP thumb skin) buy pre-cut and peeled butternut squash. There is a time and place to pay for convenience my friends, and this is it.
- 7 tsp extra virgin olive oil, (or 1.5 tsp per serving)
- 5 tsp apple cider vinegar, (or 1 tsp per serving)
- 2.5 tsp honey, (or .5 tsp per serving)
- 1.25 tsp dijon mustard, (or .25 tsp per serving)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 large container baby kale, (1.5 cups per serving)
- 5 cups diced, peeled, and roasted butternut squash, (1 cup per serving)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, (10 pecans per serving)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken, (about 4 oz per serving)
- 2.5 cups cooked quinoa
- Bake butternut squash in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Shred rotisserie chicken and slice peppers.
- Make the dressing: combine olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To prepare salad: in a bowl or container add 1.5 cups kale, ½ cup cooked quinoa, 4 oz shredded chicken, 1 cup butternut squash, about 10 strips ref bell pepper, 10 pecans, and drizzle with 1.5 tablespoons of the dressing.
Leave a reply