This sauce is crack.
Seriously. You will not be able to stop eating this coconut mango chicken until you lick every drop out of the pan. It’s the perfect mix of spicy, sweet, and tangy. It’s exactly what I needed.
Work was tough today. It’s finals week. I’ve never never needed a vacation so badly.
Tonight I need a big glass of wine and something tropical and delicious in under 30 minutes. My trick is using these brown rice cups. They only take one minute in the microwave. SUCH a life saver.
This coconut milk sauce makes everything feel creamy and decadent while still secretly being healthy. Add a little mango and jalapeño and I might as well be on an island somewhere!
This dinner is so quick. Just sauté some peppers and chicken. Next, make the sauce in a blender….
…then pour in the pan and you’re done! This couldn’t be faster, healthier, or more delicious!
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ⅛-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Cooked brown rice
- Add the first 10 ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan and cook until no longer pink, add bell peppers, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve over brown rice.
Leave a reply