Dive into this 15-minute, protein-packed sheet pan meal! Sheet pan balsamic salmon and brussels sprouts is fast, simple, delicious, and incredibly healthy.
I made this last week as a work meal prep for myself, (sorry office, I know microwaved salmon and brussels sprouts had to smell GREAT) but it also would have made a fantastic weeknight dinner for two!
side note: actually, I was definitely concerned about the smell at work, but the girl that sits next to me said it smelled amazing! WIN
And can we just talk about how HEALTHY this is? Each serving has nearly 40g of protein (!!!) Just look for a second at the bottom of the page to the nutrition facts I included. Off the charts for Vitamins C, B, and K, and almost half of your daily fiber. This is a meal we can all get behind- oh, and it tastes good too.
There’s something about the garlic-balsamic-honey-red pepper combo that just makes everything taste better. This one definitely doesn’t skimp on flavor- enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, then quartered
- 2 salmon filets, about 4-6 ounces each
- 1 cup cooked grains for serving, like quinoa or brown rice
- Preheat your oven to 425F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean up.
- For the marinade: whisk 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves of minced garlic, one tsp. honey, 1 tsp. sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- As you prep the brussels sprouts, slice the ends off and quarter them. You want them to be very small pieces so they cook in the same amount of time as the salmon.
- Lay the quartered brussels sprouts and salmon on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle all the marinade over the salmon and veggies, and toss to coat everything evenly. Spread everything back out into a single, even layer.
- Bake everything for 15 minutes.
- Serve salmon and veggies over quinoa or brown rice.
Leave a reply