Super quick and easy mango habanero summer salsa! Fast, flavorful, and perfect on it’s own or spooned over grilled pork tenderloin.
It’s SUMMMAAH and it’s in full swing. What summer looks like to me is sunny evenings after work where all I want to do is have Taylor grill something for me while I have a drink on the screened-in porch. Some days, this looks like me prepping a giant piece of meat and lots of veggies for him to grill. Delicious on it’s own, yes. Can it get old? Also yes. Sometimes I have to do a LITTLE work to keep dinner fresh, that’s why quick summer salsas are my best friend. There’s nothing better than a hot, juicy pork tenderloin coming off the grill, with some cold, fresh, sweet & spicy mango habanero salsa to spoon over the top.
Let me remind you this is EASY and QUICK, so don’t even think about using fresh mango, (sorry). Has anyone actually ever successfully cut and diced a mango? I’m convinced it’s impossible. It just ends up as this mushy, juicy puddle that get’s all over the counters, and the “dices” of mango are botched beyond all recognition. No, no, use frozen mango chunks or the pre-prepped mango dices from the produce section of your store. Keep it easy, folks.
Also, don’t limit yourself to one application of the fruit salsa life. Make a big batch and:
- Use it as a taco topping.
- Eat it with chips as, ya know, salsa (just pulse it a few times in the food processor for the perfect dip-able consistency).
- Spoon it over any type of fish or grilled meat!
- Make a quick and easy lunch wrap with some deli meat, cheese, and the salsa.
- Easy asian bowls with some rice, soy sauce, fresh tuna, salmon, or chicken, and lots of fresh salsa.
- Add some chopped up shrimp or fish for a yummy twist on ceviche.
Also, consider this recipe a basic formula for salsa success.
- 1 cup diced fruit, (if you sub tomatoes this is a basic pico de gallo recipe!)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1-2 diced peppers
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Feel free to swap out different fruits and peppers to keep it fresh. Ideas:
- Peach- Serrano
- Strawberry- Jalapeno
- Orange- Avocado
- Maybe even swap out the cilantro for basil?
Enjoy your endless summertime creations ♥
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 habanero pepper, diced (make sure you wash your hands well after touching the pepper!)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want a more dip-able consistency, pulse it a couple times in the food processor.
- Keep chilled until you're ready to serve!
Leave a reply