Taco….Thursday? I’ll take it. Every day is a good day for tacos.
Have you noticed we’re obsessed with tacos in my house? These slow cooker jerk pork tacos are succulent, a little spicy, and are perfectly balanced with the fruity, creamy, Caribbean salsa.
I knew it would be nearly impossible to compete with the Pork Tacos Al Pastor I made earlier this week, but I had to use up that other half of the pork shoulder!
Just look at that beautiful butt, ready to simmer in a slow cooker for 9 hours.
This pork, dare I say it, was just as good. A little different twist with the jerk and caribbean vibe, but equally as delicious.
A happy man devouring some tacos. Followed by, “Wow I’m so glad I met you”.
Take it from T- this pork is GOOD, people!
Slow Cooker Jerk Pork Tacos with Caribbean Salsa
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 lb pork shoulder (Boston butt)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp mild jerk seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime, squeezed
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup diced mango
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Soft taco shells
- Make the marinade: Combine garlic, jerk seasoning, salt, lime juice, orange juice, and cayenne in a gallon sized Ziplock bag with the pork shoulder. Let marinade overnight.
- In the morning, place contents of the marinade bag into the slow cooker with the pork. Cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Shred pork with two forks, and continue to cook 30 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa: combine diced avocado, mango, onion, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat taco shells, fill with shredded pork, and top with caribbean salsa.
Leave a reply