Two tone Air Fryer potatoes are fast (15 minutes!), easy (hello one button), healthy (1 tsp. of oil only!) and require little clean-up! They are simply a revelation. I chose to do both sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, but this recipe works just as well with just one or the other. It’s easy to make paleo or Whole30, as you can swap out potato type, oil type, and spices to what suits you.
Scroll down to read my best air fryer tips!!
A love letter to my new Air Fryer: I shall never spend upwards of 45 minutes trying to roast potatoes in the oven again, only to have them stick to the pan and burn. 15 minutes? 1 tsp. of oil? Where have you been my whole life?
My air fryer was a wedding gift, and honestly I waited too long to open it. It’s a little large and intimidating, but boy am I glad I finally did. The process was so easy, fast, and required hardly any clean up! Can I make everything in an air fryer? Stay tuned…
Air Fryer Tips
- You need less oil than you think. Don’t use more than a tsp. or two of oil for potatoes and veggies, and some things (like dark meat chicken or beef) don’t need any at all!
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Your food needs some space in there to cook evenly and brown nicely. A good rule of thumb is if it is more than 4 servings of something, cook it in batches.
- Shake the basket every 5 minutes. Simply pause the fryer, open the basket, and give everything a nice toss to promote even cooking.
- Wash the basket every time. It only takes one minute to remove the basket, rinse out the grease, and dry it off. Easy peasy.
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. avocado oil (any oil would work fine)
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and dice your potatoes all the same size, and add them to the air fryer basket.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 1 tsp. oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss everything to coat all the potatoes evenly.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees, and the timer for 15 minutes. I pause my air fryer every 5 minutes to take out the basket and give everything a good shake.
- Remove from the basket and serve hot!