Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies is the perfect quick and easy meal for two! Not to mention, it’s healthy, whole30 compliant, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
The story behind this-
Taylor and I were both working from home one day this week. Usually, we might step out for lunch together, or DoorDash something, or maybe eat some leftovers. This time, (being so close to the wedding) I cleaned out our fridge, threw it on a sheet pan with some pesto, and voila! Freaking DELICIOUS. Oh, and healthy? Nutritious? Quick? D, all of the above?
Lately I’ve realized my body just does really well if I stick to mostly whole30/ gluten-free/ dairy-free during the day. No post-lunch nap needed; in fact, it fuels me through the afternoon! Who would have thought that food could be so impactful 😉
So, there you have it. Sheet pan pesto chicken and veggies. Feel free to swap out whatever you have! A little jar of pesto can go a long way in terms of making meals easy and delicious. This would also make a wonderful dinner. If you feel like you need a little more, I’d add some grains/rice for a bowl situation, or serve it with a little side salad.
Also underated: this is a perfect meal for two people. No leftovers, no waste. I just love it when that happens.
- ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, cut into sixths
- 12 spears asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Grab a large mixing bowl, and add the chicken, potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, and bell pepper pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pesto with a big spoon, and coat all the ingredients evenly.
- Dump the bowl out onto a baking sheet, and spread all the ingredients out so they are in a single, even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Top with cheese and red pepper flakes if you'd like!