Oooohhh you guys, I’m excited to share this one! Meal prep lovers rejoice: I ate this for 4 days straight and never got sick of it. Pinky promise. This paleo meal prep bowl is actually Whole 30 approved too, but it’s too delicious to even tell! If you’re not eating a paleo diet, I still encourage you to try this out for lunches because it will leave you energized, full, and satisfied ALL DAY.
Need any more convincing? You eat this one COLD out of the fridge, (because lettuce-free salads are amazing) plus it’s a sheet pan meal meaning it’s soooooo easy to make.
Fall flavors on point here: savory chicken and onions, sweet potatoes, crunchy apples, salty pecans, sweet raisins, and a tangy, zippy, fresh dressing. Major flavor explosions in your mouth. Diet what?
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into small, ½" cubes
- 2 Tbsp + ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard (stone ground would work too)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 apple, diced into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. salt, freshly ground black pepper, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. onion powder, and ½ tsp. dried thyme in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts, diced onion, and diced sweet potatoes on the sheet pan. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, and generously season everything with the spice rub, rubbing to coat all over. Make sure everything is in one, single layer on the sheet pan, spread out to fill all the room.
- Bake the chicken, onions, and sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, and let rest on the counter to cool while you make the rest of the bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbsp. mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper, and ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in ½ cup olive oil, stirring constantly.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and transfer that, the onions, and the sweet potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add the diced apple, raisins, and pecans. Toss to mix everything up.
- Divide evenly into 4 tupperware containers. You can toss each bowl with ~2 Tbsp. of the dressing before you pack it up, (it keeps well) or you can pack it separately and dress the bowl later. The bowls will keep in the fridge up to 4-5 days.
- Serve cold.