Oh yes you can have a fancy cheese board lunch sitting at your desk. Go ahead, spoil yourself without any guilt because this comes in under 500 calories!
Does anything scream TREAT YOURSELF more than this cheese board lunch box situation? I mean seriously, can’t you just picture yourself, 37 unread emails deep, just blissfully leaning back in your desk chair enjoying this fancy shmancy lunch without a care in the world? Bonus points if you step outside your cube farm for some fresh air. Maybe even a park bench? Could you imagine? I can.
My whole point here is that, portioned correctly, you can enjoy a mini-vacation right at your desk any day of the week and experience no guilt whatsoever. Let’s talk about the breakdown that makes this cheese board lunch not only filling enough but doable calorie-wise:
7 whole wheat crackers: 80 calories
1.5 oz. soppressatta salami: 165 calories
1.5 oz. gruyere cheese: 165 calories
1 Tbsp. fig jam: 40 calories
1/2 cup grapes: 30 calories
GRAND TOTAL: 480 calories
I mean, this is DOABLE, amiright? Just look how adorable it is in a little tupperware container, just snuggled together all sweetly and waiting for you to get in there and dip and stack like you’re eating a Lunchable again. You could even make this vegetarian and healthier by swapping salami for almonds. Options, people, options. Whatever puts your mind on a vineyard in Sonoma valley is what we’re going for here, (work lunch glass of cabernet not included, but secretly recommended).
- 7 whole wheat crackers
- 1.5 oz. soppressata salami, (a slice roughly an inch thick) sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 oz. gruyere cheese, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. fruit jam or preserves, (I used fig jam, but anything works. Try red pepper jelly for a spicy kick- yum!)
- ½ cup grapes
- Optional swaps or add ins: roasted almonds, pitted olives, pear or apple slices
- Arrange all ingredients into a tupperware container for easy snack-y lunches! Refrigerate until ready to eat.