In case you need any more reason to stuff your face with the heavenly combination of cream cheese, buffalo sauce, chicken, cheese, and sour cream, we’re making classic buffalo chicken dip IN A SLOW COOKER. Yep, it’s a five-minutes-of-effort type dish. And, I feel this must be said, there is no blue cheese in this. Feel free to sprinkle some of that moldy devil’s cheese on this if you must, but in my house we use RANCH. Got it? This slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is blue cheese-free my friends. I realize half of you are shaking your heads in disappointment, but half of you are jumping for joy.
So let’s talk for a minute about why slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is far superior to it’s oven counterparts. The hands on time is MINIMAL. I’m talking dump-and-go. Okay, that sounds gross, but you know what I mean. Just throw it all in the slow cooker and let it do it’s job. No stirring cold cream cheese for 10 minutes until your arm falls off.
Also, for your own sake, just shred up a perfectly cooked rotisserie chicken from the store instead of cooking and shredding your own. This is LAZY Sunday food, people. Embrace it.
Okay, finally, let’s talk about the dippers for this slow cooker buffalo chicken dip. I think tortilla chips are a must. I’ve also really gotten into parmesan garlic pretzel chips, have you ever tried those? Wow. Veggies are unfortunately necessary on this plate, but seriously this buff chick dip even turns raw broccoli into an epic bite.
The actual serving size for this is about 6 servings, (it makes about 4 cups worth of dip). However, if you’re like me and really put your mind to it, two lazy couch slugs can polish this baby off in about 20 minutes. And then we nap. Amen.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, white and dark meat shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or other buffalo hot sauce)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing seasoning
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, (no need to stir) secure lid and cook for 2 hours on high heat or 4 hours on low heat.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the lid and stir until well combined.
- Serve warm with crackers, chips, and veggies for dipping. You can serve the dip directly in the slow cooker, (turn to "keep warm" setting) or serve it in a separate, oven-proof bowl, (you may need to re-heat it later if it stiffens).