Meet the Rice Crispy Treat’s peanut buttery cousin. Make these scrumptious peanut butter marshmallow Cheerios bars from things you probably already have in your pantry! Perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat.
Aren’t we all still really 5-years old at heart? Who doesn’t love rice crispy treats and all their marshmallow-y cereal treat cousins. Hello, peanut butter marshmallow Cheerios bars, you’ve come to save the day. I’ll even consider you healthy since Cheerios are good for you and peanut butter is decent for you. Let’s just forget about the butter and marshmallows. It’s a solid breakfast food, and you better believe I ate these for breakfasts AND desserts the rest of the week.
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 10-oz. package of marshmallows
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and cook, stirring, until the marshmallows have melted. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and Cheerios until they are well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, pressing it firmly into an even layer.
- Let the bars cool to room temperature, then use a knife to cut into 12 squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature.