What Sunday meal prep dreams are made of! Get ready for this Greek chicken and chickpea chopped salad with spicy, roasted chickpeas and a luscious balsamic tahini dressing.
This is the kind of meal-prepped lunch that makes you spring out of bed the second your alarm clock goes off because you just can’t wait for the day to begin so lunch can happen. That feeling is rare, my friends, and when you find it you must embrace it and share it with the world. I give you: Greek chicken and chickpea chopped salad meal prep. Simple sounding, yet completely divine and elevated thanks to the world’s best Greek seasoning blend and an eyes-roll-back-in-your-head balsamic tahini dressing.
Also, hi ONE sheet pan meal prep ^^ thank you for making life easy. The chicken and chickpeas get to hang out and roast together (with the same seasoning!) making this meal a cinch on lazy Sundays.
While the chicken & chickpeas are in the oven becoming delicious, that would be the perfect time to chop up some veggies for your salad and make the quick tahini dressing. Once you buy the big thing of tahini you’ll be OBSESSED and you can use it for things like sauces, dressings, and hummus every day of your life.
Not pictured: black olives, which should totally have been included in this salad goodness, but I was listening to an audio book at the grocery store and got distracted. Typical.
If you’re packing these beautiful bowls up for lunches all week go ahead and drizzle the dressing on top of the chicken and chickpeas, but try and avoid the salad so it stays nice and crunchy. Just toss when you’re ready to eat!
I’m blissing out at my desk eating these. Enjoy!!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal portions
- 2 - 15 oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Greek seasoning (see note below for recipe)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and chopped into ½" pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped pitted black olives
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 425 F
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet place the chicken breasts and chickpeas in one, even layer.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and 2 Tbsp. of Greek seasoning. Toss to evenly coat everything, and smooth it back out into the even layer.
- Bake the chicken & chickpeas for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl combine tahini, balsamic vinegar, water, garlic, honey, and a pinch of salt. The tahini can seize up and thicken, so add more water if needed.
- Next, make the salad: in a large bowl toss romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, onion, mint, and feta. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To plate (or pack for lunches), separate the salad into 4 equal portions. Top each with a chicken breast, ¼ of the chickpeas, and ¼ of the dressing drizzled over the top.
- Note: if packing for lunches, make sure the dressing stays on top of the chicken and chickpeas so the salad doesn't get soggy. Toss when ready to eat.