Vegan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry Over Cauliflower “Rice” is a spicy, delicious, and completely satisfying low-calorie meal.
And my love affair with BirdsEye riced cauliflower continues. I guess I’ve only posted 10-Minute Carb-Free Shrimp and Cauliflower Fried Rice so far, but in reality I’ve been eating it almost every night. I’m eating it in burrito bowls, stir fry, stuffed peppers, ANYTHING that calls for carbs. Can you tell I’m on a diet?
So far on my calendar this year I have 8 weddings, 2 bachelorette parties, 3 beach vacations, and countless other weekend trips. Which means I’m going to be heavily photographed. Which means this booty needs to cut back on the pizza, pasta, and wine.
But honestly, with flavor like this, who needs carbs?
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, (more or less depending on your taste)
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1" fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½" cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 1- 15 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 lime, zested first and then cut into quarters for serving
- 1- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice, (or homemade)
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and all the spices: the curry powder, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and cinnamon. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for about 30 more seconds, and then add in the cubed sweet potatoes.
- Season everything with a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shake up the can of coconut milk, and pour that into the pot. Stir in the lime zest, then turn up the heat and bring the contents of the pot to a boil.
- Once the pot begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Finally, add in the chickpeas and taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the cauliflower rice according to instructions, and season it with salt, pepper, a squeeze of lime juice, and fresh cilantro.
- Plate the curry alongside the cauliflower rice with more fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro. Dig in!