This buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potato with greek yogurt ranch dressing is a sweet & spicy love affair. A perfect, healthy, and drool-worthy lunch.
First of all, RANCH goes with buffalo sauce. Not blue cheese. Case closed. Oh, and homemade greek yogurt ranch? Next level. Just look at it. And it’s only 20 calories for 2 Tbsp. so LOAD IT UP BABY.
Second of all, this is my new favorite healthy lunch to meal prep on Sundays. Slow cook some buff chick, bake up some sweet taters, stir up some homemade greek yogurt ranch. Then it’s ready for microwaving and digging in all week during lunchtime.
Third of all, this is totally health-i-fied, diet-friendly, whole food goodness that you can pat yourself on the back about. And it kept me full all afternoon. Seriously. So good.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and poked all over with a fork
- 1⅓ cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. 2% milk
- 1 small packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt mix
- Sliced green onions for topping
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of a slow cooker and cover with Franks Red Hot sauce. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken with two forks, and drizzle with extra hot sauce if desired.
- Meanwhile, place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet or directly on the oven racks and bake for ~50 minutes at 400 degrees. They are done when you can stick a fork in the flesh easily.
- Prepare the greek yogurt ranch according to the package directions, (combine greek yogurt, milk, and seasoning mix. Chill until ready to serve.)
- To serve, slice open the top of the sweet potato and top it with ¼ of the shredded chicken. Drizzle on as much homemade ranch as you'd like, and finish off with some sliced green onions.