I finally figured out how to make perfect salmon every time and it’s completely life-changing. And guess what? It’s one pan, barely any clean up, and only takes 10 minutes! MAJOR bonus. And not like, 10 minutes, but you have to pre-heat and prep and blah blah blah and it’s actually 30 minutes. 10 minute broiled salmon gets put in a cold oven, turned on high broil, and bakes for 10 minutes. It’s basically like an indoor grill, and it makes perfect, medium-rare salmon. Another bonus is that it cooked green beans or asparagus perfectly in that same time frame. You’re welcome.
Today I made mine with a honey lemon vinaigrette, green beans, and baked sweet potato. This is now my go-to when Taylor is in class 😉 I also love to make it with asparagus and a side of brown rice or quinoa.
And since you’re here anyway, let me show you my sweet baby Chewy’s 2-month old picture <3
Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled content: healthy, delicious, 10 MINUTE dinners! TEN MINUTES! That only happens in sad, microwave dinner world. This is fresh, whole, REAL food that is amazing for you.
- 1 salmon filet
- 15-20 trimmed fresh green beans or asparagus spears
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Place salmon filet and veggies in a single, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Make the vinaigrette: in a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, dijon, salt and pepper until combined.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over salmon and veggies. Toss to coat.
- Place the baking sheet in a cold oven.
- Turn the broiler on "high", and let broil for 10 minutes for medium-rare salmon.
- Serve immediately with a baked potato or rice if desired.