I’ve been sick as a dog all week. I’m miserable and it hurts to swallow. All I can do is think back on the good ‘ole days, (last week) when I was cooking and happy and making Pork Carnitas Tacos with Jalapeño Corn Salsa and Avocado Crema. Another masterpiece leftover creation from my big batch of my Best Ever Spicy Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas and Healthier Jalapeño Bacon Creamed Corn. All week I was putting carnitas between buns, making Red Pulled Pork Enchiladas with Jalapeño Corn and Cheese Filling and shoving delicious ingredients into these pork carnitas tacos with jalapeño corn of course.
Look at that freakin’ spice rub.
And let’s talk about avocado crema. Sounds fancy right? Wrong.
1 ripe avocado + 1/2 cup sour cream + juice of 1 lime
I put my avocado crema in a plastic sandwich baggie, cut the bottom corner out, and squeezed it, (kinda like you do for icing cookies). Another good idea for an equal amount of sour cream/avocado crema in each bite is to smear is down first on the hot tortilla like a sandwich spread. No clumpy bites here!
The spicy corn + the creamy avocado = HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH.
- Pork Carnitas, (recipe link below)
- Jalapeno creamed corn (recipe link below)
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime, for squeezing
- Avocado Crema:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 lime
- To make the avocado crema, combine avocado, sour cream, and fresh lime juice in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the tacos by first heating up the tortillas over an open flame, (gas stove or grill) until it starts to brown and bubble. Alternatively, you could wrap tortillas in a wet paper towel and microwave them for 30 seconds.
- Top the warm tortillas with pork carnitas, a scoop of jalapeño corn, some avocado crema, fresh cilantro leaves, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Recipe Links: Pork Carnitas Tacos with Jalapeño Corn Salsa and Avocado Crema
Have leftovers? Make Red Pulled Pork Enchiladas with Jalapeño Corn and Cheese Filling