These parmesan garlic roasted potatoes are totally my go-to easy side for any meal these days. A simple sheet pan dinner with chicken, broccoli, and parmesan garlic roasted potatoes? CHECK. Want some perfect breakfast potatoes to go with your eggs and bacon? LOOK NO FURTHER.
The versatility of these perfect, crispy little bites of cheesy, garlic heaven is amazing. They are perfect with any meal, and only take about 5 minutes of effort on your part. Heck, I even dip them in ketchup and call ’em fries sometimes. You could cut them in any shape you like- fries, shreds, wedges- just adjust the cook time until they’re cooked through if they end up thicker than a 1/2 inch.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes Pro Tip:
Make sure the potatoes are spread out in an even layer. No potatoes on top of each other all crowded. This ensures your potatoes get nice and crispy and evenly cooked. Honestly, the brown burnt-ish bits are the best part, and that can only happen when they have a little room to breathe. If you want to double, (or triple!) this recipe, just use two sheet pans!
Look at how yummy and crispy those are. And ugh, look at the golden bits of baked parmesan. Don’t you want to eat them every day of your life? Because I do, and they are definitely a staple here in the winter months when calories don’t count. Amen.
- 2 russet potatoes or 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into ½" cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil if desired.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl to coat potatoes evenly, and spread out the potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes until crispy and cooked through.