Happy Thanksgiving! Take a look around you: are you making Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Cinnamon? Are you majorly overwhelmed with everything you need to do today? Do you happen to have fruit laying around because your cooking a Thanksgiving feast? Do yourself a favor RIGHT NOW. Stop working for just a mere moment, reach into your fridge, and pour yourself a glass of bubbly. Yes, it’s the morning, but that’s why they made a morning wine ;). Thanksgiving Mimosa to the rescue! I threw in cranberries and oranges, but won’t discriminate if you drink it straight up.
The colors just happened to be the prettiest thing I’d ever seen, so I snapped a few thousand pictures. Forgive me, it’s festive.
Full disclosure: I drank these beauties Sunday while making my Beginners Guide: How to Make Thanksgiving for Two. I wish I had one right now…oh wait, I can ask the flight attendant. Yep, that’s right, I’m on a plane. On a plane to Columbus, Ohio to be exact. On Thanksgiving Day. To be honest though, I’m almost always on a plane on a holiday. Partly because I live across the country from my family, partly because it’s like $300 cheaper. Most people would choose spending money over suffering through airport security on a holiday like Christmas, but not this girl. Except for the time I ended up spending 12 hours on Christmas Day alone in the Cancun airport. That was so awful. But that’s a story for another time…
Shout out to my cranberry-colored Thanksgiving manicure: OPI What’s the Hatter with You?
Shout out to Target for all the cute and cheap table setting options ♥
And also, shout out to my blurry living room. How voyeuristic.
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine, prosecco, cava, or champagne
- A handful of frozen cranberries
- The juice of 1 orange, plus strips of orange zest
- Using a vegetable peeler, get long strips of zest from the side of an orange. Cut them into thin strips and curl them to create twists if you like 🙂
- Open a bottle of bubbly wine, and drink it with a straw. Just kidding. Pour some in a glass.
- Squeeze a tablespoon of fresh orange juice into the wine, and top with some frozen cranberries and orange zest. Add the cranberries one at a time, it can cause the wine to fizz over!
Do you need a recipe? Champagne, (prosecco, cava, or white wine TOTALLY work here) + whatever fruit you have lying around. Or no fruit. No judgement.