It’s time to talk about one of the easiest, 10-minute, last-minute Thanksgiving sides you can throw together: Whisky Glazed Baby Carrots. If it’s the holidays, you likely have everything you need for this dish laying around anyway: whisky, butter, brown sugar, and an autumn-y herb like thyme. I grabbed a bag of these rainbow baby carrots at the grocery store because they were so stinking cute, and I knew I had to make an easy side out of them.
This recipe is 100% inspired from one of my favorite bloggers and cookbooks, The Pioneer Woman. Her recipe is a little different; she uses sliced carrots, (they cook a little faster!) and chives instead of thyme. Basically, this recipe can be tweaked for whatever herbs/carrot type you’re working with, so get creative!
But the use of the rainbow carrots makes this one an absolute show-stopper at the dinner table. Looks fancy, but it’s really not 😉
Taylor and I gobbled these up in one sitting, so sadly there were no leftovers 🙁 My sincerest recommendation is that you double, triple, or quadruple this recipe for your own sake. The sticky sugar & whisky glaze is so addicting. Yummmmmmmm.
What are your favorite, easy, last-minute holiday sides?
- 2- 8 oz bags of rainbow baby carrots
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) butter
- ¼ cup whisky
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves from 5-6 springs
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Take the skillet off the heat, and add the whisky, (be careful!) and whisk for a minute to smooth. Return to medium-high heat.
- When the whisky-butter mixture starts to get bubbly, add the sugar and whisky until smooth.
- Add the baby carrots to the skillet, and season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme leaves.
- Stir to coat with the sauce, and cover to cook for 10 minutes, or until carrots are fork tender.