Want to save oven space, save time, and make all your food taste extra delicious? This quick microwave roasted garlic trick will change your life.
I’m using it today while making Beginners Guide: How to Make Thanksgiving for Two to infuse extra flavor into my food in a short amount of time.
Classic roasted garlic takes almost an hour in the oven; this takes 8 minutes. Life changing? You betcha.
First, you chop off the tops of the garlic so the cloves get some exposure.
Next, put the garlic in a coffee mug, cut side up, with 2 tablespoons of water in the bottom. This will steam the garlic in the microwave.
Now, drizzle the garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Just like you would the traditional way!
You can put the cut little top back on like a hat to let it steam more.
Next, cover the mug with a small plate for extra steam-age.
Microwave ON MEDIUM POWER for 8 minutes. I repeat, on medium.
And voila! You have perfect, squeeze-y, decadent, silky roasted garlic that makes your whole house smell like heaven.
Now, pop those in your mashed potatoes, smother your vegetables in them, and smear it on crusty bread. You’re welcome.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut ¼" off the top of a whole bulb of garlic, exposing the cloves.
- Add 2 tbsp water to the bottom of a coffee mug, and place the garlic in the mug cut side up.
- Drizzle the top of the garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put the top of the garlic back on.
- Cover the mug with a small plate, and microwave for 8 minutes on medium power.
- Remove the cloves, and use in any recipe!