Happy Weekend! If you’ve been following along, you’ll know I’m spending tomorrow making Thanksgiving for me and Taylor, (see Beginners Guide: How to Make Thanksgiving for Two) since we can’t spend the day together this year. One of the easy make-ahead recipes for my mini-Thanksgiving is my Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Cinnamon. Essential to make the day before so it has a chance to cool in the fridge. So, I’m whipping this up now to give myself one less thing to worry about tomorrow.
It’s so unbelievably pretty to look at. The bright red cranberries, the orange zest…
To make pretty orange zest ribbons like that, peel thin strips off the orange with a vegetable peeler and twist. They will keep their shape. Grated orange zest would also be really pretty!
Not to mention my table setting is on point for the rest of the winter. Red is a multi-purpose holiday color in my opinion 🙂 I like to keep it simple with some earthly accents, flowers, and candles.
Oh, and do you see that mimosa? Yeah, I decided to save some cranberries and orange zest to make that extra festive. Cooking all day will require some bubbly.
- 12oz bag frozen (or fresh) cranberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 slivers of orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Empty the bag of cranberries into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp water and 1 cup sugar. Stir and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the orange zest and cinnamon stick, and allow to lightly boil for 10 minutes, until cranberries burst and become a thick sauce. Stir frequently.
- Cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. Ideally you'd make these the night before!