Today I bring you Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime White Rice! Arguably one of the biggest struggles of any Chipotle order is between white or brown rice. This recipe can easily be subbed for brown rice!
On a completely unrelated note, can we all agree it’s Chip-ote-lay? Not chip-oo-tle or chip-olt-tay. I think I remember way back when Chipotle’s were first opening my Mom and I would call it Chip-poodle. Then we became regulars and learned better. Those were the days.
Just look at that perfect white mountain of fluff. Perfectly tangy with lime juice and ready to soak up the juices from all that Chipotle goodness. Only three cups of this rice didn’t stand a chance against Taylor and I 😉
Stay tuned tomorrow for another great Chipotle recipe, and check out yesterday’s Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa (Medium) for more inspiration.
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add the rice, salt and bay leaf.
- Stir, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered for 12 minutes.
- Drain the rice, and rinse with warm water.
- Stir in cilantro, lime, and lemon juice.