Okay so I KNOW that asparagus is a spring ingredient and I’m posting this in October. In my dream world I too would be part of the farm-to-table, seasonal-eating, farmer’s-market-attending movement. But seriously, what real person has the time? I go to the grocery store and asparagus is there 365 days a year. It’s 2016, so don’t judge me okay?
This is one of my favorite quick and healthy side dishes. Sometimes when I’m making something indulgent and wonderful like Two Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken with Chipotle Mashed Potatoes, Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Glaze, or Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan and Fettuccine you just need a little green on your plate, ya know?
400 degree oven. Foil. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Maybe some lemon zest if you’re feeling crazy. 10 minutes. Boom, fork, mouth, yum.
- 1 bunch asparagus, fibrous ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for quick and easy clean-up.
- Spread asparagus on the baking sheet in one layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roll the asparagus around to coat them evenly in the oil.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes. Done!