This beautiful crisp, colorful, crunchy veggie chopped salad is full of chicken, quinoa, and chickpeas. As filling as it is healthy! Top with a sweet and tangy simple vinaigrette you can whip up in two minutes. This is the furthest thing from the sad salads you eat at your desk. It’s so freakin’ BEAUTIFUL.
So, it’s no secret I like to meal prep for the whole week. I’m busy, it make my life easy on weekdays, and it means I only need to grocery shop once a week. I make all three of my meals a day plus snacks, and so does Taylor. We maybe go out once a week. I’m saying this all because I need to vent about the judgey grocery baggers at the store! I get a comment every. single. time. “Jeez, is this all for you?”, “Someone must be throwing a party!”, “Wow, you must have a lot of roommates”, “Do you need help? This should be two carts”. I dread checking out for this reason alone. I usually just laugh uncomfortably and agree with whatever they say. I wish I could say, “Nope, this is what a week’s worth of healthy meals for two looks like. $250 in groceries for two people once a week is less than $6 a meal, and that’s including snacks. You should try it.”
Oh, the struggles of being a planner.
On a lighter note, (haha get it, because salad) this is going to rock my world every day for lunch this week. While I wish my body could sustain itself on pumpkin rolls and spiked apple cider alone, it sadly cannot. Life is all about balance 🙂
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- Salt & pepper
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup feta
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package direction
- Shred rotisserie chicken
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Chop the celery, romaine, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado. Season all veggies with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix all salad ingredients, including feta, in a large bowl. Divide into 4 portions.
- For the dressing, combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, dijon, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Store the dressing separately in a small container until it's time to serve the salad.